You may change your details at any time by advising us in writing via email. All information we receive from our customers is protected by our secure server. cogear.com.au’s secure server software encrypts all customer information before it is sent to us.
Furthermore, all customer data collected is secured against unauthorized use or access. Credit card information is not stored by us on our servers.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We receive and store information you enter on our website or give us in any other way from time to time. You may provide basic contact information such as your name, phone number, address, and email address to enable us to send information or process your product order and we may also collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, change your content or email preferences, respond to a survey, or communicate with our customer support.
We may use personal information collected from you for the purpose of providing you with direct marketing material, updates regarding our website and information in the form of a newsletter. This will only apply if you have registered or subscribed to such publications by registering your details with us. However if you wish to cease receiving any such information you may let us know either by email or unsubscribing at any time and your request will be actioned immediately.
Individual profile and company details are not used for any other purpose. Details are only supplied to a third party supplier when it is required by law, for goods or services which you have purchased or to protect our copyright, trademarks and other legal rights.
We respect the privacy of our online visitors. We may collect information on or through this website that can personally identify you. For example, we collect personally identifiable information which you volunteer to us to respond to visitor questions and comments about us and our products and services, and to mail e-newsletters (“Personal Data”).
Any non-personal information, communications and material you send to this website or to us by email, or which we obtain from third parties without promises of confidentiality, may be kept, used and disclosed by us on a non-confidential basis. We are free to use and reproduce any such information freely, and for any purpose whatsoever. Specifically, we will be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose, including developing, manufacturing or marketing products.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may from time to time need to disclose certain information, which may include your Personal Data, to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request. Also, we may use your Personal Data to protect the rights, property or safety of cogear.com.au, our customers or third parties.
If there is a change of control in one of our businesses (whether by merger, sale, transfer of assets or otherwise) customer information, which may include your Personal Data, could be disclosed to a potential purchaser under a confidentiality agreement. We would only disclose your information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
We do not and will not sell or deal in personal or customer information. We will never disclose your personal details to a third party except the necessary information required by providers of products or services you have purchased or to protect the rights, property or safety of cogear.com.au, our customers or third parties or if required by law.
We may however use in a general sense without any reference to your name, your information to create marketing statistics, identify user demands and to assist it in meeting customer needs generally. In addition, we may use the information that you provide to improve our website and services but not for any other use.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our website, and we periodically update our security measures in light of current technologies.
Co Gear is a friendly community and we value people's comments and engagement. By using our website and contributing to or participating in any comments, forums or blogs, you agree to the following terms:
- Any recommendations, comments, information or posts (together “Posts”) you make to our website will abide by our terms and will be made in the spirit, culture and ethos of the website.
- You agree you will only make correct, accurate Posts in good faith and will not use aggressive, defamatory, rude, or offensive language. We will not condone bad language nor will we permit false claims, defamation, harassment, fraud, collusion, or Posts that may offend any person, visitor, or other third party. We can at any time, in our sole discretion, remove any Post and block your access to our website without notice.
- Posts are not permitted that:
- encourage illegal intent
- contain ads, links or other forms of advertising
- solicit business
- are abusive or malicious against any other participant, our staff or any third party
- We will also take action, where required, against any person that does not abide by these terms in relation to Posts and where any action is taken against us by any person, visitor or any or third party as a result of your Post.
- Opinions, advice and all other information expressed by participants in discussions or Posts are those of the author and not cogear.com.au and anyone associated with our website. You rely on any such information at your own risk and need to make your own enquiries before taking any action related to any Post.