The simple power of investing in yourself: Co Gear show's you how to do it
Today we wanted to give you a quick hit of inspiration, motivation and encouragement by telling you that it’s OKAY, or even MORE THAN OKAY, to invest in yourself. Life is busy, we get it. We’re women that are capable of multi-tasking and kicking goal after goal whether that’s at work, at home, with our children, friends or family - we’re givers without realising it. That’s why it’s so important to give back to ourselves as well. So, consider this your weekly REMINDER to do so.
SIMPLE WAYS TO INVEST IN YOURSELF
- If you’re struggling with something in your life, invest either the money or the time to listen to others that have been in your shoes but have overcome the obstacles. This can be anything from a private mentor to listening to a podcast that you resonate with.
- Switch off. Putting down your phone and being fully present in whatever you’re doing is a sure way to calm anxiety.
- Ask for support. Whether it’s a project at work that’s stressing you out or the pile of dishes no one else has touched at home, asking (or directing) others to pull their weight is nothing to feel guilty for.
- Take time (or make the time) to do what you enjoy, not what’s “required”. Hobbies or side projects that you’re passionate about don’t need to be put on the back burner while life’s mundane tasks get the top prioritisation. If we all lived that way, the world would be filled with many sad souls! Don’t lose who you are underneath titles such as Mother, Wife or CEO.
- Connect! With the right people. You may have people that you feel obligated to keep around, when in reality you’ve outgrown them and have nothing left to connect over. It’s okay to walk away and find like minded individuals or “your people”. Don’t clutter your life with meaningless relationships.
- Organise/plan something you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t “had the time” to. This could be something small like going to a yoga class or something huge like starting your own business. We all have those dreams that haven’t been fulfilled yet – take the first step!
Alright Ladies, now go out and walk with confidence, knowing who you are and what you want out of today! If you’re not a follower already, we are wondering why! Join us on Facebook and Instagram to follow our journey and collaborations with women like yourself. We are all about lifting each other up. See you there!